Super Mario 3D All-Stars is out now, and, with that, we’re here to help you collect every Power Star in Super Mario 64‘s Shifting Sand Land.
Shifting Sand Land Star 1: In the Talons of the Big Bird
Head over to and run up one of the chequered pillars and jump kick Klepto the condor to release the Power Star from his talons.
Shifting Sand Land Star 2: Shining Atop the Pyramid
The Power Star is located near the top of the pyramid in a small alcove. You should be able to see it on the left side of the pyramid from where you start the course. An easy way to grab this is to grab the Wing Cap on the grey structure and fly over to it.
Shifting Sand Land Star 3: Inside the Ancient Pyramid
Head over to the pyramid and make your way inside using the main entrance. Once inside you’ll want to turn right and essentially follow the route, working your way up the pyramid avoiding enemies and obstacles along the way.
Shifting Sand Land Star 4: Stand Tall on the Four Pillars
While the task says to stand tall, you don’t technically need to stand on each pillar to trigger them. Instead grab the green shell and slide your way to the top of each pillar for a quicker and easier way of completing this task. Once you’ve reached all four, the top of the pyramid will explode revealing a secret entrance. Head inside and you’ll ride an elevator down to the Eyerok boss battle. Hit the eyeballs in both his hand three times to defeat him.
Shifting Sand Land Star 5: Free Flying for 8 Red Coins
Eight red coins to find, half in the air and half on the ground. You’ll find them:
- Turn around from the starting point of the course and you’ll see it at the end of a narrow path.
- Hidden inside one of the blocks on the dark grey two-tier structure.
- Over in the oasis near Klepto.
- With the maze structure with the quicksand.
- The final four red coins are located in the air around the pyramid. Grab a Wing Cap to get them.
Shifting Sand Land Star 6: Pyramid Puzzle
For this task you’ll need to first enter the pyramid. Then make your way upward as if you were going for the Power Star ‘Inside the Ancient Pyramid’. Just before jumping up to the Power Star, you’ll notice the lip missing to the right of the platform you’re standing on. Below you’ll find a small square platform. Fall down onto it to find the first secret. There are two more platforms before you’ll need to fall on for two more secrets. Now you’ll want to jump on over to the platform with the stream of sand running along it. Follow it round to find two more secrets and reveal the Power Star.
Shifting Sand Land Star 7: Collect 100 Coins
This is as simple as it sounds. You will need to collect 100 Coins in Shifting Sand Land, at which point the Power Star will appear wherever you secure the final Coin.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is now available exclusively at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
More Super Mario 64 Guides
- Every Power Star in Bob-omb Battlefield
- Every Power Star in Whomp’s Fortress
- Every Power Star in Cool, Cool Mountain
- Every Power Star in Jolly Roger Bay
- Every Power Star in Big Boo’s Haunt
- Every Power Star in Hazy Maze Cave
- Every Power Star in Lethal Lava Land
- Every Power Star in Dire, Dire Docks
- Every Power Star in Snowman’s Land
- Every Power Star in Wet-Dry World
- Every Power Star in Tall, Tall Mountain
- Every Power Star in Tiny-Huge Island
- Every Power Star in Tick Tock Clock
- Every Power Star in Rainbow Ride