Super Mario 3D All-Stars is out now, and, with that, we’re here to help you collect every Power Star in Super Mario 64‘s Big Boo’s Haunt.
Big Boo’s Haunt Star 1: Go on a Ghost Hunt
You’ll need to take out five regular boos by grounding pounding them to reveal Big Boo. They can be found:
- Upon entering the mansion, take the second door on the left and await the two Boos to float through the giant blue portrait.
- Take the next door (third if working clockwise around the mansion) and the third Boo will be inside.
- Take the next door (fourth) and just across the falling bridge you’ll see the next Boo. Go through the door ahead and you’ll find the final Boo.
Once all five Boos have been defeated head back to the lobby to take on Big Boo. Simply ground pound him three times.
Big Boo’s Haunt Star 2: Ride Big Boo’s Merry-Go-Round
A nice and easy way to get to the merry-go-round is to enter the mansion and take the fourth door (going clockwise around the room). Instead of crossing the bridge, just jump off the edge. You’ll land in water below. Now go through one of the doors to the merry-go-round and take out any Boos that come your way. Once all have been defeated Big Boo will return once again. Use the same strategy as your first encounter.
Big Boo’s Haunt Star 3: Secret of the Haunted Books
Head up to the first floor of the mansion and enter the second door from the left. Next spring your way through the library avoid the projectile books along the way. At the end of the route you’ll see three books. Punch and kick them in order to move the bookcase and reveal a door. Enter the door to find the Power Star.
Big Boo’s Haunt Star 4: Seek the 8 Red Coins
Eight more red coins to find:
- Ground floor, first door on the left and behind the terrifying piano.
- Ground floor, second door on the left you’ll find two red coins on top of bookcases.
- Ground floor, door on the far right. You’ll find the red coin between the narrow ledges.
- First floor, third door from the left. Carefully grab it on the red cage-like flooring.
- First floor, second door from the right. You’ll find two hidden underneath sarcophagi.
- First floor, door on the far right. Next to the trap floor.
Big Boo’s Haunt Star 5: Big Boo’s Balcony
You’ll need to head to the roof to take on Big Boo one final time. To get there, head upstairs and enter the final door on the right. Jump onto the raised platform and wall-jump off the right-hand wall up to a platform above. Enter through the door and then through the double doors where you’ll find Big Boo. Ground pound him three times to get the Power Star.
Big Boo’s Haunt Star 6: Eye to Eye in the Secret Room
A well-hidden Power Star this one, and you’ll need to be quick to nab it. First of all, head upstairs in the mansion and enter the farthest door to the right. Run around the bookcase and through the next door and grab the Vanish Cap. Head back into the room with the bookcase and jump on the raised section. Now, you’ll want to wall-jump off the right-hand wall up above to a higher platform. Enter the door and dash over to the giant blue portrait jumping through before your Vanish Cap runs out. Run around and make the eyeball dizzy to get the star.
Big Boo’s Haunt Star 7: Collect 100 Coins
This is as simple as it sounds. You will need to collect 100 Coins in Big Boo’s Haunt, at which point the Power Star will appear wherever you secure the final Coin.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is now available exclusively at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
More Super Mario 64 Guides
- Every Power Star in Bob-omb Battlefield
- Every Power Star in Whomp’s Fortress
- Every Power Star in Cool, Cool Mountain
- Every Power Star in Jolly Roger Bay
- Every Power Star in Hazy Maze Cave
- Every Power Star in Lethal Lava Land
- Every Power Star in Shifting Sand Land
- Every Power Star in Dire, Dire Docks
- Every Power Star in Snowman’s Land
- Every Power Star in Wet-Dry World
- Every Power Star in Tall, Tall Mountain
- Every Power Star in Tiny-Huge Island
- Every Power Star in Tick Tock Clock
- Every Power Star in Rainbow Ride