Super Mario 3D All-Stars is out now, and, with that, we’re here to help you collect every Power Star in Super Mario 64‘s Rainbow Ride.
Table of Contents
- Rainbow Ride Star 1: Cruiser Crossing the Rainbow
- Rainbow Ride Star 2: The Big House in the Sky
- Rainbow Ride Star 3: Coins Amassed in a Maze
- Rainbow Ride Star 4: Swingin’ in the Breeze
- Rainbow Ride Star 5: Tricky Triangles!
- Rainbow Ride Star 6: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Rainbow Ride Star 7: Collect 100 Coins
Rainbow Ride Star 1: Cruiser Crossing the Rainbow
From the starting point of the course, rotate the camera and you’ll see a stripy pole. Long jump over to it and climb upward. Make your way straight across the spinning platforms and ride on the magic carpet until you face two more carpets. Take the left one until you reach a flying ship. Onboard will be the Power Star.
Rainbow Ride Star 2: The Big House in the Sky
Follow the same path you took as the previous Power Star only this time when you reach the point where you have a choice of taking the left or right magic carpet, this time take the right. Ride the carpet upward using the Donut blocks along the way to avoid falling off the carpet. You’ll eventually enter the big house. Inside be careful of the flamethrower. Continue to ride the magic carpet until you reach the roof where the Power Star awaits.
Rainbow Ride Star 3: Coins Amassed in a Maze
Long jump over to the striped pole, climb up and at the four spinning platforms, take the left one (the one with the heart). Follow this route until you’ll eventually reach a giant maze-like structure. Inside houses the eight red coins. To reach them you’ll need to use a combination of long jumps, somersaults and wall jumps.
Rainbow Ride Star 4: Swingin’ in the Breeze
Long jump over to the stiped pole and this time slide downward. Use the see-saw to head upward then continue to follow the route past swinging platforms and further seesaws. You’ll eventually reach a point where the path splits. You want to head up the dark looking slope with mini-steps on it. Follow this path to eventually reach the Power Star.
Rainbow Ride Star 5: Tricky Triangles!
Follow the same path as the previous Power Star until you reach the fork in the road. This time instead of heading up the darker looking slope, continue onward along the Donut blocks and hit the purple switch up ahead. This will cause the triangles to flip pointing side down allowing you to climb and reach the Power Star. You must be quick though as the triangles are on a timer.
Rainbow Ride Star 6: Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Another Power Star involving a cannon. The pink Bob-omb rather annoyingly is hanging out in the maze section we grabbed the red coins from earlier. Head to the far left of the maze and wall jump your way upward to reach him. Next, you’ll need to head over to the flying ship once again in order to use the cannon. Fire the cannon between the rainbow ring aiming for the pole on the distant platform so Mario doesn’t overshoot. Watch out for the Chuckya and hit the yellow block to grab the Power Star.
Rainbow Ride Star 7: Collect 100 Coins
This is as simple as it sounds. You will need to collect 100 Coins in Rainbow Ride, at which point the Power Star will appear wherever you secure the final Coin.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is now available exclusively at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
More Super Mario 64 Guides:
- Every Power Star in Bob-omb Battlefield
- Every Power Star in Whomp’s Fortress
- Every Power Star in Cool, Cool Mountain
- Every Power Star in Jolly Roger Bay
- Every Power Star in Big Boo’s Haunt
- Every Power Star in Hazy Maze Cave
- Every Power Star in Lethal Lava Land
- Every Power Star in Shifting Sand Land
- Every Power Star in Dire, Dire Docks
- Every Power Star in Snowman’s Land
- Every Power Star in Wet-Dry World
- Every Power Star in Tall, Tall Mountain
- Every Power Star in Tiny-Huge Island
- Every Power Star in Tick Tock Clock