Super Mario 3D All-Stars is out now, and, with that, we’re here to help you collect every Power Star in Super Mario 64‘s Cool, Cool Mountain.
You can enter Cool, Cool Mountain through the enchanted painting in the room behind the door that requires 3 Power Stars on the left-hand side of the main hall in Princess Peach’s castle.
Table of Contents
- Cool, Cool Mountain Star 1: Slip Slidin’ Away
- Cool, Cool Mountain Star 2: Li’l Penguin Lost
- Cool, Cool Mountain Star 3: Big Penguin Race
- Cool, Cool Mountain Star 4: Frosty Slide for 8 Red Coins
- Cool, Cool Mountain Star 5: Snowman’s Lost His Head
- Cool, Cool Mountain Star 6: Wall Kicks Will Work
- Cool, Cool Mountain Star 7: Collect 100 Coins
Cool, Cool Mountain Star 1: Slip Slidin’ Away
Head over to the cottage near the start of the course and jump through the chimney on top. Inside you’ll find a slide that you’ll need to make your way down without slipping off. There is a shortcut through a wall partway down (you’ll see a trail of yellow coins leading into the wall) which saves you some time. Once you reach the bottom head out the door and the Power Star will present itself.
Cool, Cool Mountain Star 2: Li’l Penguin Lost
At the bottom of the mountain (outside the door you leave after finishing the slide) you’ll find a mother penguin in a small pool of icy water looking for her baby. Your task is to bring the baby penguin to her. Unfortunately, the baby penguin on the roof right next to her is a red herring and the correct one is at the top of the mountain near where you start the level. Simply bring that penguin to the mother to receive your Power Star.
Cool, Cool Mountain Star 3: Big Penguin Race
Return to the slide and you’ll find Big Penguin who challenges you to a race. It’s important you do not take any shortcut or else Big Penguin will accuse you of cheating and disqualify you. Win, and the Power Star is yours.
Cool, Cool Mountain Star 4: Frosty Slide for 8 Red Coins
There are eight Red Coins that you will need to collect in Cool, Cool Mountain:
- At the top of the tree right near the start of the course.
- Located just before the snowman head in a corner next to a wall.
- Beyond the snowman head, past the cannon and toward the edge of the level. You’ll see the coin just before the wooden lift bridge.
- Head over the bridge and you’ll see it at the end of the half-built bridge ahead.
- Next to the mother penguin at the top of the tree.
- Head toward the right of the mother penguin and right around the corner you’ll find a coin.
- You’ll see a cave-like section next to the mother penguin with two bridges and a platform. The red coin is on the platform.
- From the previous red coin head over to the end of the bridge and stand still to warp higher up the mountain. From there fall directly down the slope and you’ll see the final red coin.
Cool, Cool Mountain Star 5: Snowman’s Lost His Head
From where you start the course head up the small cottage and over to the left to find a giant snowball. This is in fact the body of a snowman whose head is further down the mountain. Talk to the body and then slide down the mountain making sure not to skip any sections or go too far ahead of the rolling snowball. Once you’ve reached the snowman’s head stand behind it to lure the body over and complete the objective.
Cool, Cool Mountain Star 6: Wall Kicks Will Work
You’ll need the cannon for this Power Star so first of all talk to the pink Bob-omb. He can be found on a floating island halfway up the wooden lift reachable from the bottom of the mountain. Once you’ve done this head back down and enter the cannon nearby. Shoot Mario across the gap toward a tree on the other side. Next walk along the narrow ledge taking out the enemies as you go. Long jump the next gap then wall jump and triple jump your way to the top to reach the Power Star.
Cool, Cool Mountain Star 7: Collect 100 Coins
This is as simple as it sounds. You will need to collect 100 Coins in Cool, Cool Mountain, at which point the Power Star will appear wherever you secure the final Coin.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is now available exclusively at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
More Super Mario 64 Guides:
- Every Power Star in Bob-omb Battlefield
- Every Power Star in Whomp’s Fortress
- Every Power Star in Jolly Roger Bay
- Every Power Star in Big Boo’s Haunt
- Every Power Star in Hazy Maze Cave
- Every Power Star in Lethal Lava Land
- Every Power Star in Shifting Sand Land
- Every Power Star in Dire, Dire Docks
- Every Power Star in Snowman’s Land
- Every Power Star in Wet-Dry World
- Every Power Star in Tall, Tall Mountain
- Every Power Star in Tiny-Huge Island
- Every Power Star in Tick Tock Clock
- Every Power Star in Rainbow Ride