Super Mario 3D All-Stars is out now, and, with that, we’re here to help you collect every Power Star in Super Mario 64‘s Hazy Maze Cave.
Hazy Maze Cave Star 1: Swimming Beast in the Cavern
Head to the route on the left, long-jumping over the gap. Once through the door make your way over to the source of the giant rolling boulders (avoiding them as you go of course). Head through the door and ride the elevator down. Swim over to Dorrie and ground pound his back in order to lower his head. On his head, you’ll then be able to steer him over to the raised platform where you’ll find the Power Star.
Hazy Maze Cave Star 2: Elevate for 8 Red Coins
Luckily all these red coins are located in one room. Head down the right path from the start of the course and through the door. Slide down the pole to the bottom and make your way over to a set of large steps. Climb up and use the directional moving platform to grab the three red coins scattered about in boxes and one on a ledge. Now head over to the pole near where you first got on the directional moving platform and climb up to use another moving platform. Ride it along and grab the remaining four red coins.
Hazy Maze Cave Star 3: Metal-Head Mario Can Move!
Head back over the cavern with Dorrie and grab yourself the Metal Cap. As quick as possible run over to the water and jump in, keeping to the left-hand side. You should see a brown path leading over to a purple switch. Hit it before you lose the Metal Cap. This will reveal a door which inside contains the Power Star.
Hazy Maze Cave Star 4: Navigating the Toxic Maze
From the start of the course take a right and enter the door. Slide down the pole and enter the door on the left a little up a slope. Inside jump down the hole and you’ll find yourself in a room filled with poisonous yellow gas. Your health will continue to drop the longer you stand under it. Head forwards and grab the Metal Cap (this will make you immune to the gas). Now follow these directions:
- From the Metal Cap turn right and keep running straight toward the blue coin block.
- Turn left and you should see another Metal Cap.
- Follow this route and you’ll pass two ledges higher up. For this Power Star, take the first ledge (it’s the one with faint slime-like markings dripping down the wall).
Go through the door, up the elevator and grab the Power Star.
Hazy Maze Cave Star 5: A-Maze-Ing Emergency Exit
This is very similar to the previous Power Star found in the toxic maze except this time you’ll want to take the other ledge. Follow the same route only this time jump up to the second ledge. Go through the door, up the elevator, through one more door and climb your way across using the red chain ceiling to reach the Power Star.
Hazy Maze Cave Star 6: Watch for Rolling Rocks
This Power Star is extremely well hidden but nice and easy once you know where it is. Head back over to the rolling boulders (take the left path from the start) and make your way to the door leading to the cavern. Instead of going through the door simply wall jump between the two walls to find the Power Star hidden above.
Hazy Maze Cave Star 7: Collect 100 Coins
This is as simple as it sounds. You will need to collect 100 Coins in Big Boo’s Haunt, at which point the Power Star will appear wherever you secure the final Coin.
Super Mario 3D All-Stars is now available exclusively at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
More Super Mario 64 Guides
- Every Power Star in Bob-omb Battlefield
- Every Power Star in Whomp’s Fortress
- Every Power Star in Cool, Cool Mountain
- Every Power Star in Jolly Roger Bay
- Every Power Star in Big Boo’s Haunt
- Every Power Star in Lethal Lava Land
- Every Power Star in Shifting Sand Land
- Every Power Star in Dire, Dire Docks
- Every Power Star in Snowman’s Land
- Every Power Star in Wet-Dry World
- Every Power Star in Tall, Tall Mountain
- Every Power Star in Tiny-Huge Island
- Every Power Star in Tick Tock Clock
- Every Power Star in Rainbow Ride