The Pokémon Let’s Go IV Judge is an important tool for any Trainer with their sight set on conquering the Elite Four, helping to check your IVs to build the strongest team possible to do so.
Game Freak has built this mechanism into the game, and, as with Appraise in Pokémon GO, it will let you quickly see whether a Pokémon that you have caught has good stats and check the IVs. In the Pokémon Let’s Go games it is called Judge, and the bad news is that you will need to unlock it.
The process isn’t that bothersome to unlock Judge, at least. You will first need to make sure that you have caught 30 different species of Pokémon, for which you can use your Pokédex to check.
Then, once that is done, head to Route 11 which leads east from Vermillion City. You will find a building near to where a Snorlax is blocking the entrance to Route 12, and, once inside, head upstairs where one of Professor Oak’s assistants will be waiting for you. If you have discovered 30 different species of Pokémon, he will perform an update on your Pokédex to unlock the Judge function. Sorted.
Now unlocked, you can use this Pokémon Let’s Go take on an IV checker. Where Pokémon GO would see your chosen team’s leader check how strong your Pokémon is, in Pokémon Let’s Go you can quickly see how good your Pokémon are that are stored in your Pokémon Box.
Open up a Pokémon’s summary window, and you will need to press the Y Button (or shake your Poké Ball Plus) to use the Judge system. This will then show you whether your Pokémon is OK (one star), Good (two stars) or Amazing (three stars), which is fairly self-explanatory in that you will want a six-strong team of “Amazing” Pokémon.
You can, of course, then look to the individual stats – across HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Sp. Atk and Sp. Def – to then work out which of your “Amazing” Pokémon is the strongest. But, all in all, it’s not a particularly complicated system to understand.
If you need more pointers on the Nintendo Switch exclusives, we have more guides about the games below. Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee! are now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
List of Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee! Guides
- All 153 Master Trainer Locations In Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu! And Eevee!
- All New Attack Moves In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee!
- All Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee! Mega Stone Locations
- Catch Combo In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee! Explained
- Cinnabar Island Gym Pokémon Quiz Answers In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee!
- Pokémon Let’s Go IV Checker: How To Unlock The Judge Tool
- Pokémon Let’s Go Moon Stone: Which Pokémon Can It Evolve?
- Pokémon Let’s Go Mystery Gift: Serial Code, Internet And Poké Ball Plus
- Pokémon Let’s Go Rival Name: What Is The Character Called?
- Version Exclusive Pokémon In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee!