If you want to train to be the very best in Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee!, then it’s important that you understand the Catch Bonus system to build a Catch Combo.
Fear not. It’s simple enough to understand for both newcomers and veteran Trainers, in that you build a Catch Combo by simply catching the same species of Pokémon in a row. There will be times where you may accidentally encounter a different species, but as long as you run away from them you won’t break your progress with a Catch Combo.
However, the Catch Combo can be broken in multiple ways. That will happen if the Pokémon runs away from you or if you run away from the same species of Pokémon after trying to catch it, and, understandably, when you catch a different species of Pokémon or save and exit the game.
The immediate benefit to building a Catch Combo is that you will be rewarded with more items, whether they be random candy or candy specific to the species of Pokémon that you are catching.
But, as there is no breeding in Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee!, it is also the best way to catch a Pokémon with high IVs. The higher the Catch Combo the more max IVs it will have, whether that be two max IVs (11-20 Catch Combo), three (21-30 Catch Combo) or four (over 31 Catch Combo).
Your patience is also rewarded with higher odds to encounter a Shiny Pokémon, which start to increase after your score an 11-20, 21-30 or over 31 Catch Combo. Catch Combos can also increase the chances that a rare spawn will appear, beyond the odds that a Lure would provide. It’s also Game Freak cruelly tempting you to break your Catch Combo though, so it’s up to you whether to do so once one appears.
If you need more pointers on the Nintendo Switch exclusives, we have more guides about the games below. Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee! are now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
List of Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee! Guides
- All 153 Master Trainer Locations In Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu! And Eevee!
- All New Attack Moves In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee!
- All Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee! Mega Stone Locations
- Catch Combo In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee! Explained
- Cinnabar Island Gym Pokémon Quiz Answers In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee!
- Pokémon Let’s Go IV Checker: How To Unlock The Judge Tool
- Pokémon Let’s Go Moon Stone: Which Pokémon Can It Evolve?
- Pokémon Let’s Go Mystery Gift: Serial Code, Internet And Poké Ball Plus
- Pokémon Let’s Go Rival Name: What Is The Character Called?
- Version Exclusive Pokémon In Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! And Eevee!