With Sony themselves now battling PlayStation 4K (or PS4K) rumours, those that surround Nintendo NX seem to only continue to build ahead of the “dedicated game platform” being revealed by the company.
With his source now verified by moderators, Reddit user untypedhero has let loose more purported information relating to Nintendo’s next-gen console. That sees that the retail name has still not been shared, and that, interestingly, at least one third-party Wii U game has been successfully ported to the console. But, for what reason is anyone’s guess, unless it’s an exclusive such as Bayonetta 2.
Apparently “there is little doubt” over the fact that the GPU is by AMD, and, more interestingly, NX can upscale and stream to output at 4K. With 6-8GB DDR4 Memory thrown in, that will see it easily rub shoulders with PS4K if that becomes a reality.
amiibo are expectedly still supported, there are apparently multiple “gimmicks” with one described as being optional, and physical development kits are now “out in the wild.”
You can read their rundown of information below, but remember to take everything with a pinch of salt until Nintendo choose to confirm their plans. It all sounds largely positive, if true. But, we’ve learnt that the internet often isn’t to be trusted, especially with the recent hoax Nintendo NX controller leaks.
As you are getting flooded with fake leaks and my inbox is getting flooded with questions:
- The retail name for the NX is unknown to developers (or they are holding back). I’ve asked multiple sources.
- I know of at least 1 third-party Wii U game that has/have been successfully ported to NX.
- Amiibo are still supported (if you hadn’t already guessed).
- Friend codes are still a thing (unfortunately).
- I don’t know when the NX will be announced. Speculation is this month.
- There are multiple “gimmicks” with the NX, one is optional.
- There are physical dev-kits out in the wild, I don’t have access to these.
- I don’t know the model of the GPU, however there is little doubt (from what I’ve been told) that it an AMD.
- The NX is capable of outputting 4k. Consensus is upscaling and streaming.
- DDR4 Memory (between 6GB – 8GB). EDIT: Available to software.
EDIT: Just to be clear – Although there are dev-kits out there, I highly doubt that you will get a direct leak from any of the studios that have them.
EDIT 2: Apparently friend code wasn’t the correct term. You can only add people you know