Mega Cat Studios is behind this sequel to World Championship Boxing Manager (1991), which, created with “retro-tastic” 32-bit-styled visuals, has once again looked to deliver a “winning one-two punch” that combines business tycoon and boxing simulation gameplay.
With updated visuals, deeper gameplay that offers RPG-like skill selection, and new characters based on former pro boxers Rocky Marciano and Sugar Ray Robinson, you will have the chance to enlist competitive fighters, recruit top-notch staff and secure endorsements before watching every fight play out in the ring.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- A modernization of a heavy-hitting classic that combines boxing simulation with tycoon-styled management gameplay;
- An awesome stable of sluggers and staff, including licensed characters Rocky Marciano and Sugar Ray Robinson;
- 32-bit visuals with modern features including dynamic lighting and fight cam to watch your fighter duke it out in real-time;
- A Story Mode with branching paths adds replayability and encourages players to take on the challenges of each in their own way;
- An extensive skills point system lets players build the pugilist of their dreams. Be it a hard-hitting ring king, a one-punch wonder, or a super stamina warrior of the knock-down-drag-out fight; it’s up to the player to create a training path to victory;
- An in-depth tutorial system for teaching newcomers to boxing what it’s all about;
- A complete hiring system lets players ensure they have the best training team (and business managers) for their fighters — even if some of that staff might be a little unorthodox;
- Twitch integration allows streamers and their viewers to take part in the experience together, getting the in-game crowd pumped up, placing viewer names on ringside banners, and allowing the audience to even trigger special in-match events;
- Jam-packed with the humor, heart, and personality that made the original game so popular!
World Championship Boxing Manager 2 will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Spring 2022.