The Pokémon Company International and Game Freak have released a new software update for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, which are now on version 1.2.0.
Once downloaded and installed, this will let those that have bought the relevant Expansion Pass enjoy their adventure on the Isle of Armor.
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are now available exclusively for Nintendo Switch worldwide.
Pokémon Sword And Shield Update Version 1.2.0 Patch Notes
- Part 1, The Isle of Armor, has been released as downloadable content
- Customers who have purchased an Expansion Pass can now enjoy adventures on the Isle of Armor.
- You can learn more about the Isle of Armor here: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-gb/expansionpass/the-isle-of-armor/
- Additional Pokémon now appear
- Even without purchasing an Expansion Pass, customers can use network connections to play and have additional Pokémon appear.
- Link Codes are now 8-digits long
- Link Codes used in the Y-Comm or set for Max Raid Battles are now 8 digits instead of 4.
- Battle regulation marks
- Pokémon carried over from other regions via Pokémon HOME can now participate in online competitions and ranked battles. A battle regulation mark can be replaced on the Pokémon at the Battle Tower in order to participate in online competitions and ranked battles.
- Please check game news for more information.
- Addressed issue with online battles
- We’ve fixed an issue with online battles where the battle results could be arbitrarily invalidated.
- Additional updated content
- Fixed various issues to improve gameplay.