Challenged to manage your restaurant through 15 chaotic days and beyond, up to four players must cook dishes and serve customers to earn money to unlock new abilities to expand your culinary kingdom. In procedurally-generated locations with permanent progression, this could even see you automate your kitchen with high-tech equipment and sit back as the dough rolls in.
“It has been a joy to see PlateUp! grow and watch the community’s reaction to the game across the last year since our launch on Steam,” enthuses head chef and developer Alastair Janse van Rensburg. “Now with PlateUp! coming to consoles, we’re excited to welcome a whole new host of diners and prospective restaurateurs!”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- COOK! Classic co-op cooking action, with a wide selection of mains, sides, sauces, toppings, desserts and starters. Choose your equipment, lay out your kitchen, curate your menu and plate up your dishes.
- SERVE! Equip your restaurant to handle the most fickle of customers and deliver them what they need, right when they need it. Look after front-of-house by seating customers, delivering orders and managing their patience.
- UPGRADE! Upgrade and rearrange your restaurant to your personal taste: when the restaurant closes for the day, the planning begins! Want to go high-tech? Crank up the conveyors and make way for the robo-kitchen of the future.
- AUTOMATE! Use auto-mixers, grabbers and more to streamline the restaurant, automate your kitchen and let the dough roll in.
- EXPAND! Co-operate with your team like a well-olive-oiled machine or build a name for yourself going it alone. Exceed your goals and take your franchise to greater heights at a new location, bringing with you new unlocks and upgrades.
PlateUp! will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 2 November 2023. Physical editions will be released in Europe on 3 November, and across North America on 7 November 2023.