This will have a reversible inlay, and includes the 3C3C1D119440927 downloadable content which adds three colosseum challenges and additional costumes inspired by NieR Replicant – Revealing Outfit for 2B, Young Man’s Outfit for 9S and Destroyer’s Outfit for A2.
The physical version is now available to pre-order on the Square Enix Store (£34.99), through which you can also receive an exclusive NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa t-shirt.
You will also be able to download the free 6C2P4A118680823 downloadable content that adds more cosmetic items, including six costumes, four accessories and two pod skins based on characters from the mobile game NieR Re[in]carnation.
PlatinumGames has previously spoken about wanting to port its award-winning post-apocalyptic action RPG to the portable home console, which tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and “their battle to reclaim the machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful machines.”
After humanity was driven from the Earth by mechanical beings from another world, in a final effort to retake the planet the human resistance sends a force of android soldiers to destroy their invaders. With a war between machines and androids raging on, it could soon reveal a long-forgotten truth about the world.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between using melee and ranged attacks in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions—combining light and heavy attacks—and switch through an arsenal of weaponry while evading enemies with speed and style.
- Beautifully Desolate Open-World – The game seamlessly joins together hauntingly beautiful vistas and locations with no area loading. The environments are rendered in 60fps and contain a wealth of sub-events in addition to the main storyline.
- Masterfully Crafted Story and Characters – NieR: Automata tells the story of androids 2B, 9S and A2 and their ferocious battle to reclaim a machine-driven dystopia overrun by powerful weapons known as machine lifeforms.
- Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of weapon types, level up in battle, learn new combat skills, and customise a loadout that caters to their playstyle.
- Utilise the Pod Support System to Assist In and Outside of Battle – Pods can attack the enemy in both manual and lock-on modes. They can also assist outside of battle, such as allowing the player to glide through the air. Pods can be enhanced throughout the game, with upgrades including new attack methods and variations.
- “Auto Mode” Available for Beginners – Novice players can elect “Auto Mode” for easy attacks and evasions.
NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa Edition will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 6th October 2022.