The Westwood Studios-developed point-and-click adventure game was originally released in 1997 and will receive a “polished and premium restoration” thanks to Nightdive’s proprietary KEX game engine.
With the chance to experience a “canonical branching narrative seamlessly interwoven with the events of Ridley Scott’s 1982 feature film,” you can expect Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition to have updated character models and animations, upscaled cutscenes using machine learning algorithms, widescreen resolution support, keyboard and controller customisation, and more.
“Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition has been a labour of love for the Nightdive team, and one of our most requested and revered titles yet,” explains Nightdive CEO Stephen Kick. “We’re excited to finally share our game with fans; we expect that they’ll be very pleased.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Groundbreaking Real-Time story structure creates a unique experience every time you play;
- Interact with over 70 motion-captured characters, all with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and their own agendas;
- Stunning visuals, as well as atmospheric smoke, fog, fire and rain that affect your character in Real-Time;
- Top-notch Hollywood talent from the original film including Sean Young, James Hong, Joe Turkel, Brian James and William Sanderson;
- Rich, ambient, multi-track audio environment creates an immersive gaming experience;
- Includes specially recreated cuts from the original Blade Runner soundtrack;
- Continually animating, full screen, high-resolution cinematics and gameplay in millions of emulated colours;
- Dramatic camera movements – during gameplay – heighten the Blade Runner experience;
- Step into the role of a Blade Runner by utilizing the ESPER photo analysis machine, administering the Voigt-Kampff replicant detection test, flying in a police Spinner and analyzing clues with your Knowledge Integration Assistant (KIA);
- Breakthrough Real-Time lighting, such as directional, colour, volumetric, attenuated and animating effects.
Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide priced at £8.39 ($9.99).