Wii U System Update 5.2.0 now available
All those stability improvements have finally paid off, with Nintendo having released a substantial system update for Wii U today.
Bringing the system version to 5.2.0 this introduces the long-awaited folders, which can also be coloured as desired. The layout of the Home Menu, accessed whenever you suspend a game or application, has also been changed, while the Quick Start Menu has received additional improvements.
The full run down of details, as provided by Nintendo, are as follows:
Changes to the Wii U Menu
* Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
* A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
Changes to Quick Start Menu
* The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
* Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
Changes to the HOME Menu
* The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
Changes to the Nintendo eShop
* Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
Improvements to system stability and usability
* Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience