You must use your skills to explore a “vast, varied world,” in which you will be challenged to solve puzzles, fight deadly monsters and take their shapes to use their powers against them. However, every creature that you conquer can come back with new and even more threatening powers.
Alongside your adventure, you will need to rebuild the city of Blightmoor and befriend its townspeople to learn more about their and the town’s origins.
Your continued progression will reward you with the chance to level up your character, retrieve new abilities, mementoes and blueprints, and learn “surprising and alarming” truths about the hero’s origins.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Play as the enemies by killing them and taking their shape. Players will be able to use their skills to fight other enemies or use their powers to navigate in uncharted territories.
- Fight through a challenging AI system where previously mimicked creatures unlock new powers to create a unique experience while revisiting areas of the game.
- Explore a vast non-linear, interconnected world composed of 16 different environments, home of optional boss fights, eccentric NPCs, tons of secrets and upgrades to reward the most daring explorer.
- Choose a fighting style by using an arsenal of melee and range weapons, each of them having its own upgrade trees, to bash and shoot enemies.
- Create different builds in support of individual play styles by equipping and mixing different unique skills that you can upgrade.
- Customize the look of the main hub of the game, Blightmoor, to have a unique experience and to feel at home.
Biomorph will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.