After a romantic gesture goes wrong the night before White Day, you and your fellow Yeondu High School classmates find yourselves locked inside the school at night. To make matters worse, you are being hunted by killer janitors and haunted by the restless dead.
Promising an “eerie atmosphere, intense chase sequences, dynamic scare system, evolving puzzle solutions, a branching story and multiple endings,” to survive you must remain hidden, deduce solutions to overcome puzzles and learn the dark secrets behind the building’s past.
With no way to defend yourself, you will need to think on your feet and rely on stealth to overcome the ghostly entities that you encounter. You will also stumble on other trapped students, your conversational choices influencing how the story unfolds – leading you to one of 10 different endings.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- The spine-chilling Korean horror White Day: A Labyrinth Named School comes to next-gen consoles for the first time in the West!
- Based on the legendary 2001 title of the same name it has been completely remade for modern gamers
- Enter Yeondu High School, a building with a dark past, patrolled by homicidal janitors, and haunted by those who met their untimely demise on its grounds
- Terrifying ghost encounters: Come face-to-face with 20 unique ghosts, each more horrifying than the last.
- Featuring a dynamic scare system: the higher the difficulty, the more terrors you encounter
- Discover hidden secrets, ghost stories and ten different endings depending on your actions!
- 30+ bonus costume DLC included for Sung-A Kim, So-Young Han, Ji-Min Yoo, Ji-Hyeon Seol, Hee-Min-Lee, Bong-Goo Lee, and Dal-Su Son
White Day: A Labyrinth Named School will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in September 2022.