In this sequel to the multi-award-winning Wargroove, trouble is stirring on the shores of Aurania after an ambitious new faction unearths forbidden relics that hold catastrophic consequences.
You must take to the field, sea, and sky with a cast of new Commanders to wage turn-based war on the battlefield. Retaining its “signature charming pixel art and challenging turn-based combat,” the sequel promises a brand new story-rich campaign, an advanced tiered Groove system and an all-new roguelike game mode called Conquest.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Return to the battlefield with new Commanders, as unknown factions join the fight.
- Supercharge your Commander’s Grooves to make them more powerful than ever!
- Follow the tale of the warring Factions of Aurania in 3 interwoven Campaign stories.
- Battle with or against your friends in Co-Op and Multiplayer mode, locally or online for up to 4 players
- Put your strategic abilities to the test with a new roguelike mode – Conquest!
- Develop new tactics with 5 new unit types to master.
- Level up an ordinary unit with special abilities by picking up items.
- Battle after dark with new night mode.
- Get more creative than ever with new & improved map, campaign & cutscene editors
- Playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese!
Wargroove 2 will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 5 October 2023, priced at £16.75 ($19.99).