The second addition to the Voice of Cards card-based RPG series, it is a standalone experience suited to both new players and fans of the original Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars.
Told entirely through the medium of cards, you will have the chance to escape to an illustrated world once again brought to life by a creative team that includes creative director Yoko Taro (Drakengard series, NieR series), music director Keiichi Okabe (Drakengard 3, NieR series) and character designer, Kimihiko Fujisaka (Drakengard series).
Set on a remote chain of islands that have been protected by the Maidens for generations, the turn-based adventure will have players follow the protagonist to save the people of the island as they face the threat of destruction. In this touching tale set in a world of melancholic beauty, players will set sail for the high seas, together with Laty, a girl who failed to become a maiden.
There is a bundle set that includes the game and a DLC pack based on Yoko Taro’s other works, that unlock these themed in-game items:
- Puppet’s Costume: An additional design for Barren, Laty and Lac’s outfits;
- YoRHa Emblem: Replaces the design on the backs of the cards with the YoRHa emblem;
- 2B Avatar: A 2B-inspired design for the player avatar, which can be used on the world map;
- The Copied City Board: A Copied City-themed battle board and gem box;
- Machine Lifeform Table: A machine-lifeform-themed design for the game table;
- Resistance Jukebox: Allows you to change the BGM to music that evokes the memory of the androids who fought to the death for the sake of humanity;
- Pixel Art Set: Replace all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art.
Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden is now available digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide.