SONKA has announced that its psychological survival horror game Holstin will release on Nintendo Switch, which is “heavily inspired by the Resident Evil and Silent Hill series with the narrative team aiming for a darker Twin Peaks feel.”
Set in November 1992, an eerie, isolated town in eastern Poland has been struck by a foul calamity that slowly starts to consume everyone and everything that it touches.
The town is the last known whereabouts of your friend Bartek before he stopped answering your calls. You have come looking for answers, needing to follow in his footsteps to uncover what brought him to this town and why he was seemingly unable to leave.
You will soon discover that everyone has been possessed by something foul, and you must explore the festering town, interrogate locals and fight ungodly manifestations to get to the truth.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Explore a Possessed Town: Something is very wrong in the town of Jeziorne-Kolonia. Explore an eerie, isolated 90’s Polish town that has been consumed by something wretched. The streets are overrun by some kind of filthy slime. The people, the buildings, and the wildlife all seem to be slowly deteriorating from the inside. You need to find your lost friend and get out before this town sinks its claws into you too.
- Fight and Survive Against Unfathomable Monstrosities: Scavenge for scarce supplies and weapons to fight off the twisted monstrosities now roaming the darkest corners of the town. You’re no hero, but your will to live is still strong enough to get through this living nightmare.
- Speak to Locals Slowly Losing Their Sanity: Some questions or puzzles can only be answered by the locals. But they are seldom helpful to outsiders. If you want to understand them, you have to play along with their delusions and understand their inner world. Those still conscious in this void of a town seem like they are suspended between life and death. Their isolated minds slowly edging towards insanity and some of your questions are really starting to get on their shattered nerves…
- Classic Visuals with Modern Tricks and Technology: Our custom in-house technology allows us to bring a new spin on the pixel look. Hand-drawn pixel-art environments now brought to life with dynamic lighting and camera rotation letting you explore the world from eight different angles. Just don’t let those shadows play tricks on your mind.
- Full Voice Acting in Polish and English: Holstin is fully voiced in both Polish and English. Experience chillingly manic performances that will bring you closer to a slew of deranged characters who have long lost touch with reality.
Holstin will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, with a release window to be confirmed.