Remastered and enhanced for the portable home console, the iconic comic-style Aussie hero is back “with a ripper new side of side-scrolling adventures.”
Having originally come to PC back in 2015, the developer has added full English voiceovers, double the amount of music, remastered animated cutscenes, improved performance and more.
“We’re thrilled to offer this enhanced edition of TY the Tasmanian Tiger 4: Bush Rescue Returns with a load of new features alongside nostalgic gameplay,” enthuses Krome Studios CEO Robert Walsh. “It’s exciting for us that fans will see another side of TY, as they get fully immersed in his world and experience his signature platforming adventures now on Nintendo Switch.”
Krome Studios creative director Steve Stamatiadis adds: “The brand new, animated cutscenes in this edition are a labour of love that will be a highlight for TY fans. We wanted to create an animated comic-style experience that showcases the beauty of the Australian landscapes and the charm and personality of our beloved TY characters.”
Krome Studios audio director George Stamatiadis adds: “We made sure to pack in a whopping amount of audio in this enhanced edition for players. The soundtrack nearly doubles the number of tracks alongside re-recorded, re-edited, and upgraded sound effects. Our ambient sounds were completely revamped with new recordings of birdsongs of crows, kookaburras, and other native birds. Unfortunately, the cassowary proved once again to be difficult, so he didn’t make it into the recording studio.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Explore 40 levels of adventures in the Australian Outback at a silky smooth 60FPS.
- Defeat enemies by freezing, zapping, and more with heaps of choice new boomerangs.
- Use your wits and boomerangs to find hidden treasures, help the colorful locals, and uncover the mysteries of the land Down Under.
- New English voice-overs featuring an all-star cast you’ll recognize as TY’s old mates.
- Multiple game modes: Adventure, Time Attack, Turkey Chase, and Danger Arena.
- Cosplay as TY’s friends in style with a metric ton of costumes.
- Improved graphics and performance, remastered extended cutscenes and expanded Australian-outback themed soundtrack.
TY the Tasmanian Tiger 4: Bush Rescue Returns will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 26 September 2023, with a 25 percent pre-order discount now available.