You can choose between dual protagonists Joseph and Danielle Fireseed, who are the siblings of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil protagonist Joshua Fireseed. Together, they must defeat Oblivion and its followers, the Flesh Eaters, after the alleged demise of their brother at its hands.
Created in collaboration with Universal Games and Digital Platforms, the developer has worked to faithfully restore the classic first-person shooter using its proprietary KEX Engine. The game, originally released for the Nintendo 64 back in 2000, has been upgraded with high-resolution textures, enhanced lighting and rendering, and support for console gamepads with platform-specific features.
“The Turok series is one of the classic touchstones of gaming and being able to provide the newest and improved version of Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion is a great feeling,” explains Nightdive Studios director of business development Larry Kuperman. “It makes full use of the latest version of our KEX engine, and we’re excited to share the game with players later this year.”
The developer has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- A remastered version of the 2000 classic, available for the first time since its Nintendo 64 release
- Up to 4K 120FPS performance on PC, PlayStation® 4|5, and Xbox One and Series X|S
- Advanced rendering features, including anti-aliasing, bloom, ambient occlusion, dynamic shadows, and motion blur
- Remastered environment art, character models, and updated weapon models
- Optional Motion/Gyro controls for Nintendo Switch console and Gamepad rumble
- Trophies and Achievements on Windows PC via Steam, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles
Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 14 November 2023.