This is pitched as “a chill puzzle platformer about a tiny gecko exploring a mysterious island while on a mission to save their friend.”
Built around “unique, immersive gameplay,” you will be able to climb anything as you look to solve ancient contraptions, crawl through the crumbling ruins of an island civilization lost to time and munch bugs whenever you feel hungry.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Geckin’ around: Unique, immersive gameplay where you fully take control of a lizard! Climb walls, cliffs, and ceilings to explore an ancient world.
- Explore hidden temples: As well as investigating a wide open island full of secrets and collectibles, dive into ancient tombs to complete the puzzles within in ways only a wall-climbing lizard can.
- Wholesome adventure: With smooth actions, a gorgeous original soundtrack, and combat-light gameplay, The Gecko Gods is an atmospheric, wholesome adventure
- Bugs, bugs, bugs: Use that dastardly lizard tongue of yours to gobble up wandering insects and critters along your journey. Can you catch ’em all?
- Play your way: Relaxed exploration? Head-scratching puzzle-platformer? Collectibles completionist Uncover the lore of the island and all it has to offer, explore for the fun of it for hours, or simply play through the campaign story
The Gecko Gods will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Spring 2024.