Pitched as “a third-person 3D action RPG with dungeon crawler sections,” this is the next entry in the Sword of the Necromancer series.
You will be challenged to travel the continent in your efforts to restore the Sacred City of Euda to its former glory and in looking to vanquish an ominous threat that looms over the world.
With a “completely renewed battle and companion system,” you must gather the powers of the Revenants – long-forgotten heroes – to create your own army of the dead to command to defeat the Necromancer.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Turn your foes into allies once again: use the Sword of the Necromancer to resurrect defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Use the power of the Revenants: once ago great heroes, their spirits now wander the world. Defeat them in battle and unleash powerful summons.
- Improved and customizable AI: set your monster’s Tactics to get the most of each one
- New battle system: improved battle system with new possibilities like air combos. Swap characters at any moment and continue chaining hits!
- Play solo or in local co-op: play the whole game with an AI companion or lend a controller to a friend to play together in split-screen co-op.
- Restore Euda to its former glory: reconstruct a ravaged town, recruit people and get new functions and services like shops, a forge, cook…
Sword of the Necromancer: Revenant will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide, with a release window still to be confirmed.