With today marking Mewtwo‘s return, Nintendo have pushed software update Version 1.0.6 live worldwide for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
This software update is necessary to redeem codes being distributed to those that participated in the mascot brawler’s Club Nintendo promotion – and introduces the following elements and gameplay improvements:
– Users will be able to purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop.
Share mode has been added:
– Users will be able to post photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well. (Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.)
– Users will be able to post photos and Custom stages to Miiverse from within the game (Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community and Custom stages will be posted to the official Stage Sharing Community.
– Users can download data from the server to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if there is an activation button in the images posted on Miiverse.
– Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data with users on their Nintendo 3DS Friend List. (Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet. It may take some time to receive the data. Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.)
– Added 6 new 8-Player Stages
Port Town Aero Dive
Orbital Gate Assault
Wii Fit Studio
– Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Please note: after updating to version 1.0.6, you will not be able to play local matches with players using version 1.0.5 or below. In addition, you will be unable to play Replays created in previous software versions. This update is also required in order to access online features of the software.