Nintendo has announced that Super Mario Maker will shortly gulp a Super Mushroom, the creativity inducing platformer set to receive a software update to version 1.3.0.
That will go live on December 22nd, coinciding with the new Super Mario Maker Bookmark web portal – a new service that can be accessed from any desktop, tablet or smart phone. Players can use the portal to discover recommended courses, filtering through creations using categories such as difficulty, theme and course style as well as tags.
Any courses that are bookmarked can then be instantly accessed in-game, which integrates with the Course World menu in the Wii U exclusive. Course information will now list the fastest clear time and who was the first player to clear the course.
Nintendo will also add a new Fire Koopa Clown Car, P Warp Doors, and a Bumper – a bouncy donut-shaped object that will see Mario reach new heights.
We’re also promised more Event Courses and Costume Mario, the most recent having been Frog Mario, and the Mario Trio from Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros.
Notes regarding the software update are as follows:
- Add objects such as Fire Koopa Clown Car.
- Add linkage with the Super Mario Maker Bookmark portal site that will allow a more detailed course search.
- Users will no longer be able to use the words “Like”, “Yeah!”, and the “★” symbol in their course names. Please change the course name when saving a course that includes these words.
- “World Record (fastest player to clear the course)” and the “First Clear (first player to clear the course)” will be listed for each course. For courses that were posted prior to the Ver. 1.30 update, only the “World Record (fastest player to clear the course)” will displayed.
- Adjustments will be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.