Zen Studios has revealed that Star Wars Pinball will release on Nintendo Switch, marking the first Star Wars game to come to the portable home console.
It has the 19 digital pinball tables that the developer has created, which span all three Star Wars eras. And, you can expect support for HD Rumble and Tate mode – to let you play on the console in a vertical orientation.
You will have the chance to participate in a community-wide Galactic Struggle, choosing to contribute the points you earn to the Light Side or Dark Side. Whereas a new Career mode will see you join the Jedi or Sith, climbing 50 Career Ranks and unlocking special Force Power bonuses that will help you achieve bigger scores. And then there’s the Force Training mode, as a place where pinball Padawans can maximize their potential.
The tables have adapted movie and TV show content, characters, memorable locations, and Star Wars themes, including:
- Movies Adaptations: Episodes IV, V, VI, VII and VIII, plus Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Solo: A Star Wars Story
- TV Adaptations: Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels
- Characters: Han Solo, Darth Vader, Lando Calrissian in The Calrissian Chronicles table, Boba Fett, Droids
- Locations: Ahch-To Island, Mimban (Battle of Mimban)
- Themes: Jedi vs. Sith (Masters of the Force), X-wings vs. TIE fighters (Starfighter Assault), being the bad guy (Might of the First Order)
“As soon as we announced Pinball FX3 for Nintendo Switch in 2017, the main question we always received from fans was ‘where’s Star Wars?’,” explains Zen Studios vice president of publishing, Mel Kirk.
“We’re thrilled to bring the Star Wars Pinball experience to fans who have been eager for its arrival on Nintendo Switch. Combining the amazing Star Wars Pinball collection with the innovative hardware features available on Nintendo Switch provides a really outstanding experience in the home, on the road or anywhere else in the galaxy.”
Star Wars Pinball will release at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on September 13th.