Splatoon Software Update Version 2.8.0 Lands On June 8th
Nintendo has announced that Splatoon will receive software update version 2.8.0 on Wednesday 8th June.
This will be required to continue playing online, and adds Sheldon’s Picks Volume 2, as well as making weapon, ability and stage adjustments that address concerns and exploits.
New weapons and gear
- Nine new weapons added, available in the weapon shop Ammo Knights
Please note: the new weapons and gear will appear in the shop following the release of the software update.
- Two new kinds of gear added, available in the shop
Weapon and ability adjustments
- Adjustments to main weapons, sub weapons and abilities.
- Arowana Mall: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Bluefin Depot: Fixed a problem where players could go inside a certain object in Rainmaker mode.
Camp Triggerfish: Adjustment for detecting when you have brought the Rainmaker too far back towards your own starting area
Piranha Pit: Adjustments to prevent players from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Fixes for issues in battles
- Fixes an issue where players could jump higher than usual by touching an opponent’s Splash Wall
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
- This update is required in order to play online.
- Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.