Nintendo of America will be pleased to see that Splatoon has inked enough turf to maintain fifth place in the NPD software sale chart for June.
Back in May it had achieved the same placing after three days on sale, but, in comparison to last month’s chart, it is now outpacing multi-platform releases Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto V and Mortal Kombat X.
Nintendo of America have since shared that the Wii U exclusive sold more than 290,000 copies in June, which brings lifetime sales in the US since launch to over 455,000 copies.
Remaining to be the only single-platform release that has charted in the top 10, it was Batman: Arkham Knight that unsurprisingly swooped in to secure top place. This was followed by The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited and LEGO Jurassic World, which was expectedly boosted by the blockbuster film from Universal Pictures.
1. Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
3. LEGO Jurassic World (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Vita)
4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
5. Splatoon (Wii U)
6. Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
7. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
8. Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
9. NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
10. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)