In this fantasy roguelike, you play as a first-year student who has started studying the magical arts at the Academy of Greifenstein. After a strange incident on your first day sees the modern-day wizarding school descend into turmoil, it is up to your to explore the procedurally-generated castle grounds and save it.
After crafting your own wizard using the game’s in-depth character creation system, you will have the chance to team up with a friend in local co-op, unleash an arsenal of physics-based magic and use different spell combinations to overcome puzzles and defeat enemies.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Combine physics-based magic spells to fight enemies and solve puzzles;
- Delve into the castle grounds and discover all manner of secrets, including minigames;
- Use a detailed character creator to make your own wizarding student;
- Team up with a friend in local co-op or online via Steam remote play;
- Solve mysteries as you delve into the shapeshifting Academy of Greifenstein;
- Find powerful artefacts, potions and spells, and improve your character on each run;
- Play with optimised controller and mouse and keyboard controls.
Spells & Secrets will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2023.