Developer Eden Games is behind this “new dynamic racing game set in the colourful Smurfs universe.” You will have the chance to choose between 12 playable Smurfs – Astro, Blossom, Chef, Clumsy, Farmer, Handy, Hefty, Jokey, Papa, Robot, Smurfette or Storm – before speeding your way around 12 tracks.
Each Smurf has access to their own unique Super Power to help them take the lead, which can be activated after collecting surprise gifts which are scattered across the track. The Smurfs and their Super Powers are listed below:
- Astro: Activates the reactors of its rocket-kart that allows him to overtake his opponents.
- Blossom: Makes her opponents execute frantic jumps, preventing them from advancing.
- Chef: Offers cakes to opponents to give them the hiccups.
- Clumsy: Turns on the flashing light of his fire engine kart to overtake its competitors.
- Farmer: Harvests sarsaparilla for a boost.
- Handy: Brings out an army of homemade drones to protect him and stuns opponents.
- Hefty: Shows off workout effect to push the others along the track.
- Jokey: Sends explosive gifts to his opponents to make them lose time.
- Papa Smurf: Sends magic powder to put everyone to sleep instantly.
- Robot: Activates his robotic arms and causes a tornado effect.
- Smurfette: Bewitches the other Smurfs with her perfume.
- Storm: Fires sticky arrows on opponents to change their trajectory.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- 12 tracks set in the Smurfs’ universe: The village, the forest, the dam, the swamps… even Gargamel’s house!
- 12 iconic playable Smurfs: Handy, Hefty, Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Jokey… choose your favourite Smurf and get ready to race! Each Smurf has their own kart and a very handy special item to help you breeze past your opponents.
- Use the world around you: Bonus items, boosts, ramps, destructible boxes, shortcuts and more!
- Finish 1st in the races where 8 Smurfs compete in frantic races.
- Smurf together: Play solo or with family and friends, with support for up to four players in split-screen local multiplayer!
- Time Challenge mode: Try to beat every Smurf at their own racetrack and reach the top of the online leaderboard with your quickest time!
- Unlock bonuses as you play and try to Smurf them all in your personal album!
Smurfs Kart will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 15th November 2022.