Easy Day Studios has confirmed a release date for Skater XL on Nintendo Switch, which it pitches as “the smoothest, most responsive authentic skateboarding experience ever released” for the portable console.
This comes after the team has “put in several years of development to reach a solid 60 frames-per-second in both handheld and docked mode,” delivering a “faithful and full-featured release”
With online multiplayer freeskate sessions at iconic skate landmarks, you will have the chance to record every perfect line with the game’s built-in replay editor.
Powered by Mod.io, Skater XL Switch players will have instant access to a large curated offering of mods from passionate creators and fakeskate brands. In addition to all official content, players can find the perfect look or download the latest gear in the most extensive skating content library ever. The title’s dedicated modding community boasts more than 100,000 Discord members who continue to deliver a growing library of new user-generated content including maps, skate gear, skins and more.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- 60 FPS on Switch: Featuring a rare, ultra-smooth 60 FPS in handheld mode, Nintendo Switch players can take skateboarding on the go and fully experience Skater XL’s acclaimed physics-based gameplay. Skateboarding with the Joy-Cons has never felt so fluid or responsive!
- Skate or Chill Online: Hang out with friends online, replicating the real street experience, as you put together lines, watch other players session the spot or just cruise with your crew.
- Huge Mod Catalog Available At Launch: Powered by Mod.io, Skater XL Switch players will have instant access to a large curated offering of mods from passionate creators and fakeskate brands. In addition to all official content, players can find the perfect look or download the latest gear in the most extensive skating content library ever.
- Play As Real-Life Skate Pros: Select from renowned pros Tiago Lemos, Brandon Westgate, Evan Smith, and Tom Asta, all with their own distinct gear that fits their style.
- Legit Soundtrack: Modest Mouse, Interpol, Animal Collective, Future Islands and Band Of Horses headline the distinctive music that blends well with the Skater XL’s West Coast vibe.
Skater XL will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 5 December 2023, with a retail edition to be made available in Holiday 2023.