Promising to deliver an experience that is “equal parts spontaneous chaos and effective strategy,” up to four players will suit up as a member of a racing team’s pit crew and be challenged to replace tyres, repair damage and get their drivers back in the race before time is up.
With more than 40 different ways to fix cars – many of which with involving multi-step processes – teamwork will be essential to making sure your racer can get back on track before the chequered flag is waved.
Making success even harder will be the dynamic environments, such as moving floors, sudden weather changes and locking gates, alongside not knowing what repairs each car needs until they enter the pit box – meaning that split-second decision-making could be the difference between victory or defeat.
With local and online cooperative multiplayer options for up to four players, the “race-winning co-op experience” will even let you give underperforming crewmates a quick slap if your motivational words aren’t doing the trick.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Control a chaotic race day pit crew and fix cars in over 48 levels
- Replace engines, change tires, hammer out dents and much more
- Dynamic stage hazards ensure that no two pit stops are the same
- There’s no I in team! Communication and cooperation are crucial to victory on track
- Become a smooth operator with a wide variety of customisation options
Speed Crew will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 6th June 2023.