Overcooked: Special Edition Update Version 1.0.1 Now Available
Team17 has announced that they have released a new software update for Overcooked: Special Edition on Nintendo Switch, that they are confident will result in a “much-improved playing experience.”
This is the first of two planned patches, with the team “busy finalising” the second that will introduce more improvements to the frantic cooking game from developer Ghost Town Games.
“When we brought Overcooked: Special Edition to Nintendo Switch this July, we were delighted to see how much the Nintendo community embraced our brand of chaotic co-op cookery,” the publisher writes.
“We’re thrilled to have seen Nintendo Switch owners all over the world playing on their TV screens, in handheld mode and even using tabletop mode to play together on the go.
“But we understand that some players have also experienced a handful of performance issues that we did not detect during development. We’ve been actively working on addressing these issues ever since and we’re now very happy to announce that the first of two planned patches is live!”
Changes Made In Overcooked: Special Edition Update Version 1.0.1
- General improvements to framerate across the entire game.
- Improvements to controller input.
- HD Rumble no longer activates for all players when Player 1 carries out an action.
- A crash triggered after lowering the vibration setting is fixed.
- An exploit for chopping in the single-player mode has been removed.
- An error in which worktop highlights was missing under certain circumstances is fixed.
- A bug causing the timer to cut off when switching between handheld and TV mode has been fixed.