Set against “the backdrop of corporate conspiracy in a turbulent near-future divided by social and political unrest,” you play as Tenoch Kaan – an expert in non-lethal infiltration and an agent for the revolutionary group, Los Desplazados.
After Los Desplazados’ leader Gloria and her cell go missing while on operations around the Chicxulub Perpetual Energy Station, Kaan must use stealth tactics to sneak past the shadowy CIMACORP’s guards as he searches for their location. His cybernetic eye enhancement will help you to survey your surroundings, while a selection of non-lethal bullet types and explosives can be used when needed.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Stay hidden: Avoid detection by hiding in the shadows and staying out of sight. Turn off lights and create dark areas to sneak through. Be careful not to leave footprints.
- Use sound wisely: Every footstep, surface, weapon and item can make a noise that will attract enemy attention. Stay as silent as possible, or use sound tactically to gain an advantage.
- Scout mode: Slow the action and assess the lay out of an area with an augmented top-down view of your surroundings. Observe enemy positions and plan your next move.
- Non-lethal action: Deadly force is not permitted. Instead, use stealth to avoid enemies, or melee attacks and an array of weapons to incapacitate and immobilize them.
- Tactical tools: Use a variety of non-lethal bullets and explosives. Includes rubber bullets that can be fired at light switches, and a slime explosive used to mute the sound of footsteps.
- Rescue captives: Find Desplazados members captured by CIMACORP to increase your max health, max batteries (used for armor and to restore health), and to gain key cards (used to access more areas).
- Difficulty modes: Choose from four scaling levels of challenge. From a forgiving and relaxed stealth experience, all the way to ‘Mexican Extreme’, which wipes your save if an alert is triggered!
UNDETECTED will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Q4 2022.