Nintendo’s 2015 Summer Tour to travel across the UK
Nintendo UK has announced that they will be taking Wii U and Nintendo 3DS software nationwide on their 2015 Summer Tour.
Members of the public will be able to play Splatoon, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, as well as Super Mario Maker and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash ahead of their launch later this year.
Whereas on Nintendo 3DS, fans can play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Tomodachi Life, Puzzles & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
Activities will see visitors invited into Mario’s World – with a life-size Piranha Plant statue and giant green Warp Pipes that will be ideal for fun photographs. Mario-themed rewards will be on offer, including hats, moustaches and a limited edition Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary pin.
Visitors can also take and print their own Animal Crossing photos in front of a themed board (this won’t be at Westfield London), while current and unreleased amiibo will also be on display.
The Nintendo Summer Tour will visit the following five locations between Wednesday 12th August – Sunday 13th September:
* 12th – 17th August: Manchester Arndale, The Arndale Shopping Centre, Manchester, M4 3AJ
* 20th – 24th August: Intu Derby, West Mall, Derby, DE1 2PL
* 27th – 31st August: Westfield London, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF
* 5th – 6th September: Intu Metrocentre, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 9YG
* 12th – 13th September: Intu Braehead, Kings Inch Road, Glasgow, G51 4BN
Nintendo have outlined how you can received the Mario-themed rewards as follows:
Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary pin
1. People are eligible to receive a Super Mario Bros. 30th Anniversary pin upon production of an original receipt or other proof of purchase for any official Mario-related Nintendo product (video game, game system or item of merchandise) purchased between 12th August and 13th September 2015. One pin per receipt, while stocks last.
2. Share your photo taken on the booth using the hashtag #SuperMario30
3. Find one of the Mystery Blocks in the shopping centre and share it using the hashtag #SuperMario30
1. Play Mario Kart 8 or Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (These will be given away as spot prizes at varied times throughout the day)
1. Build your own level in Super Mario Maker