Nintendo has released a new Nintendo Switch system update worldwide, with the portable home console’s current version now 6.0.0.
With the Nintendo Switch Online service launching today, this has primarily made preparations to support the Save Data Cloud Backup.
There is some new system functionality though, in that you can now share four screenshots at once on social media services, six new Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker user icons have been added, and you can now play your digital content on non-primary consoles.
Nintendo Switch System Update Version 6.0.0 Patch Notes
Nintendo Switch Online features and functionality have been added, including:
- Save Data Cloud Backup
- User your internet connection to back up game save data for compatible games.
- Some games are not compatible with Save Data Cloud.
- To back up save data or download a previous backup, head to System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud Backup.
Added the following system functionality
- Upload up to four Album screenshots at once on supported social network services.
- Only one captured video can be uploaded at once.
- Select from six new Captain Toad icons for your user.
- To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile.
- Play your digital software and content on non-primary consoles by linking your Nintendo Account.
- The term “active console” has been renamed “primary console” in Nintendo eShops.
- Playing software in multiple consoles has certain restrictions.
- Display of Nintendo Switch News articles will be limited to match the restricted software parental controls setting selections.
- Please note that the restriction will only apply to News articles distributed after the release of version 6.0.0.
- Change the layout of the USB keyboard to the desired language.
- To change the language, head to the System Settings > System > USB Keyboard.
Removed the following system functionality
- After installing the system update, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience, including:
- Compatibility improvements have been made for a controller licensed by Nintendo.