Nintendo of America has announced that Nintendo Switch has managed to break new records thanks to Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
The portable home console has once again outpaced the Wii to become the best-selling Nintendo console in U.S. history for that five-day period, and, to coincide with that, it had its best-selling week ever in the United States.
Adobe Analytics reports that Nintendo Switch was not only among the most-purchased items online on Thanksgiving Day but the overall top-selling video game product online while Black Friday – Cyber Monday sales were on.
That saw consumers buy more than $250 million in Nintendo products from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday, whether that be the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, NES Classic Edition, Super NES Classic Edition or Nintendo’s games and accessories.
The bottom line is that hardware sales in the United States increased 45 percent when directly compared to the same period in 2017.
Nintendo has broken down their successes in the United States with the following data, that, unless otherwise stated, covers Thursday 22nd – Monday 26th November 2018:
- Nintendo Switch hardware sales grew 115 percent compared to the same period in 2017.
- Lifetime sales of Nintendo Switch, which is entering only its second holiday season, have reached more than 8.2 million units.
- Sales of first-party games, including digital downloads, topped 1 million units Nov. 22-26, beating 2017’s totals by 78 percent.
- Nintendo Switch games Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! have hit combined U.S. sales of more than 1.5 million units since their Nov. 16 launch.
- Super Mario Party surpassed lifetime U.S. sales of 1 million units, becoming the fastest-selling game in the Mario Party series and the fifth million-selling first-party Nintendo Switch game in the U.S. alone, joining The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.
- Thanks in part to strong Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday sales, the total installed base for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems has hit 22 million.
- Additionally, after 12 months of availability, lifetime combined sales of the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games crossed 2.2 million.
Classic Gaming Systems