Sony may have described PlayStation 4 as “the top-selling console and software sales leader” in the March 2016 NPD results, but that isn’t to say that Nintendo of America didn’t have their own success to be pleased with.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD placed third in the all-format software chart, with Pokkén Tournament pummelling its way into seventh place. That saw them rub shoulders with Tom Clancy’s The Division and Far Cry: Primal, which saw Ubisoft lead the pack.
Given that Nintendo NX is waiting behind a nearby curtain, it will be an encouragement that Nintendo’s exclusives can still hold their own in an industry otherwise dominated by multi-platform releases.
1. Tom Clancy’s The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2. Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
5. UFC 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
6. MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
7. Pokkén Tournament (Wii U)
8. NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
10. Minecraft (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3)