This sequel to My Time at Portia is an adventure RPG that takes place in “a wholesome post-apocalyptic world.”
Set 300 years after the Day of Calamity had destroyed most modern technologies, you play as a fledgling Builder who journeys to the desert community of Sandrock. You must use your trusty toolset to gather resources, construct machines and turn your run-down workshop into a well-oiled production facility.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Build and Upgrade a Workshop to process materials and produce parts of huge structures needed to assemble piece-by-piece. Players will create hundreds of unique items to decorate their own spaces or to give to Sandrock’s residents.
- Explore a Vast Open World to search for rare materials, discover long-forgotten relics, or simply to travel to hard-to-reach locations for a one-of-a-kind view.
- Meet and Get to Know Over 30 NPCs including their individual stories told across hundreds of side quests. Uncover their backstories and make meaningful connections along the way.
- Fight Intense Battles utilises a unique hybrid combat system that allows players to quickly shift between melee combat and third-person shooting mechanics. Leverage the right weapon for the right battle to ultimately take down any opponent.
- Build and Unlock Unique Skills across an array of specializations including master crafter, combat specialist, or social butterfly. There is something to suit any playstyle.
- Use Workshop Profits to Create Farmable Land by transforming an empty prairie into rich agricultural land.
- Grow Crops and Cook Them for extra cash.
- Attend Special Festivals with the Sandrock’s residents
- Discover and Solve Secrets throughout the world and town.
My Time at Sandrock will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 2 November 2023.