“Today we would like to address a release delay for My Time at Sandrock. Our team has been hard at work making sure the game is the best it can be upon release, but after much deliberation, we feel that a delay is necessary to better ensure the game quality will meet your standards and expectations,” the developer began.
“We know players have been looking forward to this title, so we sincerely apologise for extending its development. November 2nd is our updated release date for physical and digital versions of the game.
“We would also like to take this time to thank you for your continued support. Your continued enthusiasm and fan contributions are greatly appreciated and keep us focused and motivated as we come closer to launch. We wouldn’t be where we are without your help and support. With all our hearts, we look forward to welcoming you to Sandrock on November 2nd!”
This sequel to My Time at Portia is an adventure RPG that takes place in “a wholesome post-apocalyptic world.”
Set 300 years after the Day of Calamity had destroyed most modern technologies, you play as a fledgling Builder who journeys to the desert community of Sandrock. You must use your trusty toolset to gather resources, construct machines and turn your run-down workshop into a well-oiled production facility.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Build and Upgrade a Workshop to process materials and produce parts of huge structures needed to assemble piece-by-piece. Players will create hundreds of unique items to decorate their own spaces or to give to Sandrock’s residents.
- Explore a Vast Open World to search for rare materials, discover long-forgotten relics, or simply to travel to hard-to-reach locations for a one-of-a-kind view.
- Meet and Get to Know Over 30 NPCs including their individual stories told across hundreds of side quests. Uncover their backstories and make meaningful connections along the way.
- Fight Intense Battles utilises a unique hybrid combat system that allows players to quickly shift between melee combat and third-person shooting mechanics. Leverage the right weapon for the right battle to ultimately take down any opponent.
- Build and Unlock Unique Skills across an array of specializations including master crafter, combat specialist, or social butterfly. There is something to suit any playstyle.
- Use Workshop Profits to Create Farmable Land by transforming an empty prairie into rich agricultural land.
- Grow Crops and Cook Them for extra cash.
- Attend Special Festivals with the Sandrock’s residents
- Discover and Solve Secrets throughout the world and town.
My Time at Sandrock will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 2 November 2023.