Whisking you back to the mid-20th century, you must look into the disappearance of Hattie – the star of Morgan’s Traveling Circus.
You will play as two protagonists who will tackle the case from different perspectives: one a magician and colleague of the victim, and the other a private eye who must overcome a bout of amnesia.
You must use their unique skills and expertise to befriend and interrogate characters, investigate various locations and hunt down contradictions to progress the game’s “winding narrative filled with twists, turns, and treachery sure to shock and delight would-be detectives and circus fans alike.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Twin Perspectives: Alternate between a magician and a private eye: two different characters, with access to different information., and put the pieces together to see the bigger picture!
- Turns and Action Points: With only limited actions one can take before passing time, plan carefully about which clues to pursue and which locations to investigate.
- Unique “Collection” Mechanic: Gather, present, and search for contradictions within each and every piece of information in your “Collection”.
- 8 fully animated characters with their own goals and motives.
- 10 gorgeous locations to investigate and revisit.
- 50+ CGs and even more comic panels to bring the circus to life.
- A sprawling and non-linear narrative to engross and enchant.
- Different unlockable endings for each major character.
Death Trick: Double Blind will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2024.