Originally designed by John Mikula as an Atari 2600 game to showcase the legacy hardware, Graphite Lab and Heavy Horse Games have teamed up to create a modernised version that’s headed to the portable home console.
You will have the chance to explore the Realms of Color as you set out on a fast-paced, fluorescent adventure to defeat the ghastly Void and rescue Mr. Run and Jump’s missing dog, Leap.
The experience is promised to be “a speedrunner’s dream,” thanks to its precise controls, “silky smooth” gameplay and free-flowing level design. You must run, jump, dash and roll to recover collectibles from hard-to-reach locations, while the game’s difficulty level can be managed by Dynamic Assistance for a more approachable experience.
“We are thrilled to introduce Mr. Run and Jump to gamers worldwide,” enthuses Graphite Lab owner and studio director Matt Raithel. “Dazzling animation, intense platforming, and approachable characters all come together in a package that was made better with the help and support of the team at Atari.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Dozens of unique levels within six distinct, vibrant, and beautifully illustrated worlds
- A variety of devious enemies, each with their own attack patterns and personalities
- 30+ hours of gameplay including Time Trials, hard-to-reach collectibles, achievements, and more
- Precise controls make Mr. Run and Jump’s platforming as smooth as butter
- An original story of a transformed world, a devouring Void, and all the wonders of the Realms of Color
Mr. Run and Jump will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Summer 2023.