Sony Interactive Entertainment and San Diego Studio have shared the first gameplay footage of MLB The Show 22 running on Nintendo Switch.
The popular baseball game comes to the portable home console with cross-platform play, allowing you to share and continue your progress between your Nintendo Switch and other console platforms.
With designated hitter and outfielder for the Los Angeles Angels Shohei Ohtani revealed as the cover star, the game will let you set out on your own “personalised baseball RPG experience” in the Road to the Show game mode.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Create and use multiple Ballplayers, beyond your Road to the Show personalized Baseball RPG experience, and customize your Ballplayers how you want to aid in your progression.
- Diamond Dynasty is back and better than ever! Play, collect, and build on your fantasy card collection and bring to life on the diamond. Try the new Mini Seasons mode, where each season brings new challenges as you face off against a new set of competition!
- Face your friends with cross-platform play. With cross progression, continue your progress and earn and use content on other console platforms.
- Stepping up to the plate for the first time? Tailor your experience with gameplay styles and two new difficulty settings to help you get the hang of the basics.
- New Intro Presentations provide the most immersive ballpark experience yet.
- Play March to October in your style, with updated mode tools to utilize custom uniforms, logos, and created stadiums.
- Live out your dream Baseball matchups with new Legends joining the diamond.
MLB The Show 22 will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 5th April 2022.