Nintendo has released a new version 1.1 software update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, addressing issues uncovered in the Nintendo Switch exclusive.
That sees an increase in the invincibility period after a spin-out or crash in online matches, a reduced frequency in Mirror and 200cc matches, Driver Miis now correctly showing facial expressions and addresses being able to create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more added to your friend list.
The update has also removed a controversial gesture made by the Inkling Girl character, which, in some countries, is used to insult other people. The new animation now simply sees the character fist pump the air in excitement.
Changes Made In Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update Version 1.1
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.