The episodic game follows the lives of four friends in their 20s as they attempt to break into the music business with their indie pop band, fall in and out of love, and figure out how to pay rent and make art in Los Angeles.
The game’s five episodes will be released weekly alongside a new OFK single, with the first two episodes to be made available together at launch. The release schedule is as below:
- Episode 1 & 2: 18th August 2022
- Episode 3: 25th August 2022
- Episode 4: 1st September 2022
- Episode 5: 8th September 2022
“People keep comparing us to Gorillaz or K/DA which like, amazing, but also this is Alvin & The Chipmunks erasure. Where’s the love for Josie and the Pussycats, they were gay right? Or uh Priss And The Replicants did anyone else here watch Bubblegum Crisis? Icons. I guess I’m trying to say… thanks!” explains OFK keyboardist Itsumi Saito.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- 5 Episodes of the interactive animated series;
- 5 Interactive Music Videos: with debut tracks performed by OFK;
- Fully-voiced interactive dialogue from a star-studded cast;
- Emotional texting, thirst texting, meme texting, emoji spamming;
- Original Los Angeles locations. You’re gonna love the boba shop it’s wild.
We Are OFK will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 18th August 2022.