Frozenbyte has released a “big quality update” for Has-Been Heroes, seeing their challenging, lane-based roguelike strategy and action game now sat on version 1.0.3.
The update, which the developer adds “has been long overdue,” introduces new features, addresses issues that the community had reported, and will let you learn more about the heroes that charge into battle.
There’s extra polish, too, and a Nintendo Switch-specific change in that controller detection and initialisation has been improved.
Changes Made In Has-Been Heroes Update 1.0.3
- Added information about the heroes to the Heroes menu
- Added more spell effects (visual)
- Gameplay: Herald of Gales boss melee hits from 6 to 5 and Max Stamina from 18 to 16
- Gameplay: Fire now removes freeze on enemies who are immune to fire
- Gameplay: Fixed the Charm bug (does not hit heroes when charm ends)
- Gameplay: Fixed Final Boss wet+wind bottom row issue
- Gameplay: Fixed miscellaneous minor bugs
- Gameplay: Fixed issues in tutorial helpers
- Gameplay: Fixed dialogue text box “shadow copy”
- Gameplay: Fixes to the backstab issues
- Polished sound design
- Polished spell effects
- Polished text box wordwrap
- Polished endings (incl. final story ending)
- Switch: Improved controller detection and initialization