Raw Fury and Kenny Sun have announced that their slapstick roguelite platformer Mr. Sun’s Hatbox will release on Nintendo Switch this week.
After the dastardly Mr. Moon and his troublemakers steal Mr. Sun’s hatbox delivery, it is up to you as an honourable courier to recover it. To do so, you must upgrade your headquarters, build a crew of reformed hat thieves and perform dangerous ridiculous heists.
Whether playing solo or teaming up with a friend in local co-op multiplayer, you can choose to opt for careful stealth or charge into combat guns blazing with access to weapons and headgear with unique perks – such as lasers, cannons and rubber ducks – to help you.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features, which include:
- Start small and build up a crew to take down the mischievous Mr. Moon and his cronies across a challenging variety of action-platformer missions.
- Grow your base of operations to fuel even more daring feats. Build a brig to brainwash captives, a lab to experiment on your staff, a black market to purchase illicit contraband and more!
- Eliminate Mr. Moon’s minions, or capture them for your cause! Recruit a team of ex-crooks with an array of unique traits to use on future missions.
- Collect over 50 hats with special properties, including Dynamite Headbands, Cardboard Boxes, Noise-Canceling Earphones and Jet Packs! Choose the best hats to complement your play style.
- Play each mission solo or with a friend in co-op, then duke it out in Deathmatch and Last One Standing PvP modes via local multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together.
- Colorfully vibrant retro pixel art design from Mr. Kenny Sun, creator of visually stylish experiences like Circa Infinity and Yankai’s Peak.
Mr. Sun’s Hatbox will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 20th April 2023.