Nintendo of Europe has ranked the top 20 Nintendo Switch games that were played the most in 2019, with unsurprising results.
The rankings, which are based on “time played on all Nintendo Switch consoles with a European Nintendo Account for which data sharing is enabled,” have revealed that the free-to-play battle royale spectacle that is Fortnite as the most played game on the portable home console.
There were few surprises elsewhere, with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Minecraft, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe rounding out the top five.
Other third-party games also scored some success, with FIFA 19, FIFA 18, Diablo III: Eternal Collection, and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle appearing in the list.
The 20 most played Nintendo Switch games in Europe are:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu!
- Pokémon Let’s Go, Eevee!
- Super Mario Odyssey
- FIFA 19
- Splatoon 2
- Pokémon Sword
- Pokémon Shield
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Super Mario Party
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- FIFA 18
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle