Epic Games has released a new software update for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch, bringing changes to the free-to-play battle royale game days after it first skydived from the battlebus on to the portable home console.
This adds the new Stink Bomb item to help flush out enemies that may be doing their best to hide from you, as well as the chance to group up in 20-strong teams in the Final Fight mode for a limited time.
There are performance improvements on Nintendo Switch too, relating to “frequently called time functions during gameplay” and “level streaming optimization” – positive tweaks that you will most closely see when skydiving.
Fortnite Update Version 4.4 Patch Notes
What’s That Smell!?
- Stink Bomb: This new addition is nothing to sniff at, one whiff and they’ll be sprinting for fresh air.
- Fixed several issues with Discord integration and improved the information displayed when in a Battle Royale or Save the World game.
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
Limited Time Mode: Final Fight (Teams Of 20)
Survive the countdown! The Storm Circles give players more room to hunt down opponents. The final circle triggers a countdown timer; when the time is up, the team with the most players remaining wins. In this LTM, teams can tie for the Victory Royale!
- Final Fight plays similar to standard Battle Royale, but instead of the Storm circles closing all the way, the Storm stops after the 3rd circle.
- When the circles have finished closing in, the final countdown timer will begin.
- The remaining teams will battle it out until the timer expires.
- The team with the most players remaining at the end of the timer wins!
- In the event of a tie, the two (or more) teams tied for the lead win the match.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Stink Bomb added.
- Creates a stinky cloud that deals 5 damage every half-second within the cloud.
- 9-second duration.
- Epic rarity.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Vending Machines.
- Loot in stacks of 3 with a maximum stack of 5.
- Increased the reload time of the Rocket Launcher based on rarity.
- Rare from 2.3 seconds to 2.8.
- Epic from 2.185 seconds to 2.66.
- Legendary from 2.07 to 2.52.
- The maximum number of unloaded Rocket Ammo that can be held has been changed to 12.
- Enemy built structures are no longer lit up by the thermal scope.
- Cozy Campfires are now lit by the thermal scope.
- Back Bling no longer appears detached from players at a distance.
- Fixed the two intersecting busses on the starting island.
- Fixed performance issues on Switch related to frequently called time functions during gameplay (especially when skydiving).
- Level streaming optimization to smooth out some hitches during skydiving on Switch.
- The music for the Fresh emote has been re-added.
- Fixed attenuation of Supply Drop opening sound so it doesn’t sound like it’s right next to players even if it’s opened far away.
- The Clinger explosion sound now plays properly if detonated directly next to you on iOS/Switch platforms.
- Fixed a crash that could happen after buying items in the Item Shop.
- When using styleable outfits, your last saved version will always appear in the locker preview.