Set in a parallel world to Eastward away from the dangers of miasma, it follows Sam and John as they start a peaceful new life as farmers in a remote mountainside village.
You will be challenged to repair and revitalise an old neglected farmland – growing crops, tending to livestock and unleashing your culinary creativity to produce new meals that are stored in John’s Big Cookbook.
There are fishing holes to visit, ghosts to chat to and a colourful cast of Eastward characters to impress with John’s new recipes. As the farm grows so does the nearby town, where you can transform an abandoned fairground into a thriving community, constructing homes and shops and welcoming new neighbours.
Once purchased, you will be able to access Eastward: Octopia from Eastward’s start menu – meaning that you can start your farming adventure straight away regardless of your progress in the base game.
The publisher has outlined the downloadable content’s key features, which include:
- Help Sam & John lead a peaceful new life in the countryside – no miasma, no hardships, just happy times in a parallel universe.
- Revitalise a neglected farmstead; grow crops, rear animals, forage in the wetlands, talk to ghosts, and spend your nights casting your line in the local fishing holes.
- Construct and upgrade stores and homes to restore Seagull Town into a thriving community.
- As the town begins to flourish, more familiar faces will flock to the area – some may even stay for good!
- Using farm-fresh ingredients and John’s Cookbook, create recipes and whip up delicious culinary delights to share with your neighbours.
- 15-20 hours of pixel-perfect gameplay.
- Playable in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Eastward: Octopia will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Winter 2023.